The wait is over. I’m proud to present GLOSAS, More Hispano’s third CD: a very personal project which brings together original and unpublished material, and one that I’ve had in mind for a long time. Once again, a challenge.
If our previous recording (Yr a oydo, 2010) intended to confront the enormous demand posed today by improvisation within early music, the main idea behind “Glosas” is to produce a disc in which each and every note I play are, in one form or another, mine (except, of course, for the original melodies): improvised, composed, or—in the case of Ganassi’s glosas—chosen by me.
This CD is currently on sale. Buy now
- De tous biens playne — Roelkin (fl. 15th c.) / H. van Ghizeghem (ca. 1445-1497) [04:18]
- Chi me dara piu pace — Marchetto Cara (ca. 1465-1525) [04:01]
- Per dolor me bagno il viso — Bartolomeo Tromboncino (1470-d.1534) [05:32]
- Mille regretz — Luys de Narváez (fl. 1526-49) / J. des Prez [03:31]
- Mille regretz — Josquin des Prez (ca. 1450-1521) [04:03]
- Igno soave — Philippe Verdelot (ca. 1480-ca.1530) [06:19]
- Madonna per voi ardo — Philippe Verdelot [05:46]
- Anchor che col partire — Cipriano de Rore (ca.1515-1565) [06:33]
- Une jeune fillette — Anon. (pub. 1576) [05:44]
- Doulce Memoire — Pierre Regnault dit Sandrin (ca. 1490-ca.1560) [03:59]
- Counterpoint on Ave Maris Stella — Vicente Parrilla (*1977) [02:49]
- Counterpoint on La Spagna — Diego Ortiz (ca. 1510-1570) / Vicente Parrilla [03:44]
- Diferencias sobre La Dama le demanda — Antonio de Cabezón (ca. 1510-1566) [02:38]
- Passacaglia — (free improvisation) [09:15]
- Improvised glosas by Vicente Parrilla: track 1
- Glosas by Vicente Parrilla after S. Ganassi (1535): tracks 2, 3, 6, 7, 10
- Glosas by Vicente Parrilla: tracks 5, 8, 9
2. A video of the Passacaglia improvisation, filmed live during the recording sessions of GLOSAS (track 9):
3. Audio samples:
GLOSAS was recorded at the same time as our previous disc, taking advantage of the available gaps during four hectic days in April of 2009 when we recorded Yr a oydo, which was a terrific effort on the part of the musicians involved, who I thank from my heart.
Vicente Parrilla, recorders, direction.
Raquel Andueza, soprano.
Miguel Rincón, lute & theorbo.
Fahmi Alqhai, viola da gamba.
Rami Alqhai, viola da gamba.
Johanna Rose, viola da gamba.
Jesús Fernández, lute.
Javier Núñez, harpsichord.
Álvaro Garrido, percussion.
- Audio: Download a full track (Une jeune fillette) here [05:32].
- Booklet (EN, ES, DE) (pdf, 1.2MB)
- Presskit (.zip, 22.7MB)
6. Now available:
This CD is currently on sale. Buy now.